Post-Flood - What to do After the Disaster
From Hurricane Harvey Disaster Helper
- You got Flooded but got no Flood Insurance - If your home is flooding and you DO NOT have flood insurance, make sure you file a claim with your home owners insurance company. They will DENY the claim appropriately as it is not covered, however, when you file for FEMA assistance, they will want to make sure you filed with all insurance and will want a copy of the denial*** Copy and Share! File claim with your insurance company by Sept 1.
- Recommended Tips when filing an insurance claim - From a insurance adjuster
- Flood Documentation Item List Helps keep track and inventory items for your insurance and/or FEMA. (By Louisa Bonazza Patek)
I need Home Cleanup/Repairs
- Post Disaster - Help Request Form Need your house cleaned up/repaired? Before hiring contractors try reaching out to volunteers to help clean, gut, move, repair various parts of the home.
- Post Disaster - Volunteer Form If you would like to provide help in this time of need. Please fill out this form so we can coordinate help around your area. We are looking for Craft Professionals but any help is welcome!
- Volunteer Home Accomodations If you have a home that you would like to provide accommodations to families in this time of need. Please fill out this form so we can coordinate those efforts with you when we locate a family.